Delightfully dangerous--a summertime classic with a twist that's for adults only.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large mint sprig, finely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 8 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
- Splash of sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest for garnish
- Mix the sugar and water in a small pot and boil for 3 minutes to make a simple syrup. Let cool.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 cup syrup (leftover syrup can be refrigerated indefinitely), the lemon juice and the chopped mint. Pour mixture into ice-cube tray and freeze for one hour.
- In a blender, blend together frozen cubes, sparkling water, chopped mint and vodka.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon zest.